Cornbelt AMBUCS, founded in 1982, is a non-profit service organization, 501 (C)(3), dedicated to “Creating Mobility and Independence for People with Disabilities” in McLean County, IL by:
- Building wheelchair ramps;
- Providing AmTryke® therapeutic tricycles to children with disabilities;
- Providing scholarships to students studying physical or occupational therapy, pathology or hearing audiology.
In the 2010-2011 chapter year , we accomplished the following:
- we built 22 wheelchair ramps requiring over 1,350 volunteer man-hours,
- we provided 13 AmTrykes to children with disabilities, and
- we awarded $4,000 in scholarships to therapy students.